Search The Web

Custom Search

Chicken Noodle Soup Anyone?

When I make soup, it's different every time. Tonight I made this Chicken Noodle Soup.  I boiled the chicken for hours (I don't know how long because I was busy today doing other things) with carrots, celery, onion, garlic, fresh sage, salt and pepper and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Then removed the chicken, strained the broth and blended the cooked vegetables in some of the broth, added the broth and the blended veggies back to the pot and let it simmer while I cut up some fresh carrot, onion & celery. Threw the fresh veggies on a roasting pan with some olive oil and about 5 cloves of garlic still in there "papers", roasting them till they were nice and brown. While the veggies were roasting, I shredded half of the cooked chicken.




I threw the roasted veggies into the broth simmering on the stove (after I removed the roasted garlic from their papers, of course), brought it to a boil and then added some spaghetti noodles to the pot (cuz I was lazy today and I didn't feel like making noodles). When the noodles were done, I took the pot off the heat and threw in the shredded chicken. Let it sit about 3-5 minutes and it was ready to eat.  In the end, I felt it needed more salt which I added but it still didn't seem right so I added some Braggs to it.


Everyone thought it was pretty good.  I thought it was ok.  I think it needed more flavor but I usually have trouble tasting my own food. Other peoples food always tastes better than mine!


;) Gruvinmom, at it again...

No comments:

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.